Wednesday, June 10, 2009

First trip to the Circus

We took the girls to the Circus in Chatham at the Kinsmen Auditorium on May 26th. Alaina watched intently. Alivia watched for a bit and then got squirming, which came to no surprise. I learned shortly later that she also skipped her afternoon nap that day so it all made sense! She did really well considering that and sitting for almost 2 hours straight. I got up twice and let her wonder around a bit. I found the circus good but disappointing at the same time. I thought it was going to be like when I was a kid, Animal acts and clowns, etc. There was an acrobat, dirt bike daredevils, dancers, a clown like man doing acts, involving the audience and a family act that did gymnastic moves. We had Alaina all excited to see animals, what kid doesn't love to see animals, so it was a bit disappointing in that aspect but still a really good show and she said she liked it. So all and all it was a good outing.

No comments: